Resident Evil Sega Saturn version

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
xDerekRx

Resident Evil Sega Saturn version

Post by xDerekRx »

Been a while so figured Id post.

Halloween is around the corner and I like to play through certain games like Silent Hill and RE this time of year.

When going through my collection I realized I may have only ever played through Res Evil 1 once my whole life waaay back in the day.

So I decided to play the Sega Saturn version thats in my collection. I bought it from a local dealer 4-5 years ago probably but only dabbled with it.

Anyway, so far its great. I think its cool the Saturn at least got Res Evil 1 before its death. One of the best survival horror games of all time. And it I sorta wish I had stuck with the Saturn longer to play this version instead of the Playstation versions which I eventually played.

Graphics and the game itself play just fine. Ive also read the Saturn version has an exclusive Battle mode and a new monster. I will be interested to see those once I play through it.

Anyone have thoughts on this version?
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Rogue

Re: Resident Evil Sega Saturn version

Post by Rogue »

It's almost the same. It's a multiplatform game with usual differences, like many others from Capcom, like Street Fighter Alpha 2.
The Saturn version have different alternative clothes, music and obviously the best controller.

People try to compare loading times and graphics, but it's not that noticeable. A player will have fun with any version and should enjoy the game and not the device, I suppose.

As I like the series, I believe that any version is good. Some people like to play the main series in the Gamecube because you have all of them and play with a even better controller, but that's another story.

Some purists go after the PC version because it is the official "uncensored" version. But I'm not into that level of extremism.
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
Oho

Post by Oho »

Never played it. Not just on Saturn but ever. I haven't reviewed it - nothin'. I have played RE 2 and 4. And only played 4 because I was recommended it by a friend who lent me his copy.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Growing up I played Res Evil 2 first like seemingly most.

I remember when I had a PS1 I rented RE2 and beat it over a weekend. Great game.

Code Veronica was also fantastic. And sadly the last real survival horror one.

To me Resident Evil only exists as 1,2,3, and CV. Everything after that is merely an action game.

Im about 50% through the Saturn verison, so far its basically perfect. Maybe slight load times but thats not really noticeable unless youre really reaching.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

I just received my copy in the mail, and I'm starting it tonight. I've played through the Director's Cut (both Dual Shock and non Dual Shock versions) many, many times on PlayStation, but I had to have this for my collection.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.