Attempt to use a PC to connect Saturn online (SAT-PC server)

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
DMN_Sonic

Attempt to use a PC to connect Saturn online (SAT-PC server)

Post by DMN_Sonic »

I read a lot many topics here about using the Netlink on Saturn but just using a real phone line.

Dreamcast has another way to get online via the infamous DC-PC server, and I made it without problems and even play some matchs on Phantasy Star Online.

I acquired an XBAND modem to Sega Saturn and made exactly the same configuration to Dreamcast-PC server, it dials but it doesn't work. I want to know if the Saturn modem really needs an phone line simulator because my dreamcast modem doesn't need one (the REV A DC Modem doesn't need one).

Please help me because I bought this for my collection, but I really want to do some videos with this working...
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Re: Attempt to use a PC to connect Saturn online (SAT-PC ser

Post by Warp2063 »

I constructed a line voltage simulator with a 9V battery, a capacitor, and a resistor. It's been long enough that I don't recall the specifics, but I just followed the guide at http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/php ... n98.php#10 . As for settings on the Saturn, they're pretty close to the Dreamcast settings. I'm at school and hundreds of miles away from home, so I don't have anything handy to look at my setup. I've not yet tried the newer, Windows 7 guide, but I might, as running Windows 98 nowadays has some significant security issues.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!