Super rare model 2 saturn Variation.

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
NWA

Super rare model 2 saturn Variation.

Post by NWA »

First of all hey everyone, its been a long while. I'll make another post for that portion, but heres the goodies; a model 2 saturn with the sega logo stamped on the top, with a serial number of 065 (batch code) 000005 (production number) Im super happy to have this system on its way and It will not only be my daily Saturn, but my system I use to Netlink with if I ever netlink again. Here are the pics. What do you guys think? have I scored a rare gem here?
Attachments
12083939_909174619156766_361945526_n.jpg
12083939_909174619156766_361945526_n.jpg (50.39 KiB) Viewed 15599 times
Better run home to momma now!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Re: Super rare model 2 saturn Variation.

Post by Warp2063 »

Interesting. I wonder when they moved the logo. I'd compare it against my own systems, but they're all back in New York.

And of course, looking at photos of Sega Saturns just hits me with yet another wave of nostalgia and longing for my own systems... what I wouldn't have given for a Portable Hole in which to bring all of my stuff with me.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Cool!

Have you tried the cartridge slot?

Remember that if the NetLink fails, the compatible game will not start to that menu with 3 options, but start the game in offline mode right away. Just turn it off, remove and insert the NetLink again and it should work.
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Rogue wrote:Cool!

Remember that if the NetLink fails, the compatible game will not start to that menu with 3 options, but start the game in offline mode right away. Just turn it off, remove and insert the NetLink again and it should work.
Quite true. I usually have to turn my Saturn off and reposition the NetLink multiple times in order to get it to register - get it slotted in at juuuuust the right angle.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Warp2063 wrote:
Rogue wrote:Cool!

Quite true. I usually have to turn my Saturn off and reposition the NetLink multiple times in order to get it to register - get it slotted in at juuuuust the right angle.
Yeah. When it fails, I usually do not insert it fully.

Just insert and "feel" it going almost to the end. And it should work. It's easy.
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
NWA

Post by NWA »

Just posted a video of me taking it apart and testing it out. heres the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpNrLIsX2RQ
Better run home to momma now!