Sonic 3d Blast

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
Xranger60
Site Admin

Sonic 3d Blast

Post by Xranger60 »

Lots of people really discount this title, because it's not very much like the other Sonics. But I own it and think it's time to give it a go. What's your opinion on it?
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
Cidus

Post by Cidus »

I thought it was fun. Some of the boss fights are really nice and the music is sweet! I honestly don't know why so many people dump on it. Sure it's a little different, but I think it works.
segadreamcaster

Post by segadreamcaster »

Never really played the game that much...sat on my shelf waiting for a decent play through....will get around to it eventually :) . Gotta admit though it never gave me the sonic feel...I felt like I was playing a game that trying to be sonic but wasn't quite it....still a good game from what I have played but kinda sonic without the edge.
Saturn netlink owner in the UK/ Bristol South-Glos area :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Sega Rally - Netlink edition
Virtual On - Netlink edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Daytona USA CCE netlink edition (genuine copy)
Cidus

Post by Cidus »

segadreamcaster wrote:Never really played the game that much...sat on my shelf waiting for a decent play through....will get around to it eventually :) . Gotta admit though it never gave me the sonic feel...I felt like I was playing a game that trying to be sonic but wasn't quite it....still a good game from what I have played but kinda sonic without the edge.
Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. Due to the isometric view it does lose some of the crazy speed that the previous titles had, and if you strip away the bonus stage and the weather effects...it's pretty much the same as the Genesis version.

Think we can put this one in the same boat as Spinball: A good game, but if you put 3D blast on a table with Sonic 2, Sonic 3, and Sonic & Knuckles...no one's gonna reach for it first.
Shenmaster777

Post by Shenmaster777 »

I played on Sonic Mega Collection Plus on the Xbox, and I though it awesome, but not the best Sonic game around.