Xband 2.0

Former Xbanders on SNES or Genesis can get in touch with each other here. Also for people who wish to help with the Xband revival project.
Krazystyle83
Xband 2 Dev
Xband 2 Dev

Post by Krazystyle83 »

segasaturndude wrote:i dont have that kind of money, the one thing that is in my price range is a sega genesis or snes with xband modem. ill just wait no matter how long it takes i really am looking forward to playing genesis or snes online again.

I wasn't thinking about selling you those parts. Im going to give them to you
segasaturndude

Post by segasaturndude »

your gonna give me a computer? i dont have one and i wont be able to afford one for awhile. so i have th choice of buying a sege genesis or snes and waiting for their version to come online, or wait longer and buy a computer.
Welcome to the Real world, Sega Saturn Image
Krazystyle83
Xband 2 Dev
Xband 2 Dev

Post by Krazystyle83 »

segasaturndude wrote:your gonna give me a computer? i dont have one and i wont be able to afford one for awhile. so i have th choice of buying a sege genesis or snes and waiting for their version to come online, or wait longer and buy a computer.
Yes.
segasaturndude

Post by segasaturndude »

awesome, im gussing you need my address? ill send it to you through private chat
Welcome to the Real world, Sega Saturn Image
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

GLAKENATOR wrote:Guys I gotta say that this Xband 2.0 project is such a sick idea. The fact that you guys already have some work done on it blows my mind (in the best possible way!)

Despite the fact that I've been a member here since the beginning, I'm ashamed to say that I've never actually used or seen an Xband in action (in person, at least), but I've hear numerous great stories and experiences people have had with it. I remember hearing about it back in the day and couldn't believe it was even possible.

Despite my lack of Xband experience I am a huge fan of the classic systems. I'd have to say I'm mainly a Genesis guy, but any of them still do the trick for me. I cant express how excited/happy I am to see the Xband coming back so I can finally have a chance to revel in its greatness. :D

Anyways I figured I'd put this out there but if you guys need help with anything at all (other than coding and actually putting the software together) just let me know and I'll be more than happy to lend my free time and energy towards this project.
This is the kind of energy that's going to put Xband 2.0 on the map. Glakenator hasn't even posted since '07 and he's back. Imagine what's going to happen when Xband 2.0 is released!
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
Lagunacloud
Xband 2 Dev
Xband 2 Dev

Post by Lagunacloud »

Super Mario Kart successfully patched ;)
Xband411

Post by Xband411 »

Lagunacloud wrote:Super Mario Kart successfully patched ;)
That's the best news I've heard all day! Can't wait to see it in action.
rush6432

Post by rush6432 »

Xband411 wrote:
just heklped test mario kart patch. working perfectly. gameplay speed is fast. connection was from texas to wisconsin. works as should :)
rush6432

Post by rush6432 »

Xband411 wrote:
just helped test mario kart patch. working perfectly. gameplay speed is fast. connection was from texas to wisconsin. works as should :)
Last edited by rush6432 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Krazystyle83
Xband 2 Dev
Xband 2 Dev

Post by Krazystyle83 »

Yeah, the test rounds definitely impressed me. Epic job you guys! Stay tuned for some more good news later this week :D
rush6432

Post by rush6432 »

not to mention im just on regular run of the mill standard DSL.
Krazystyle83
Xband 2 Dev
Xband 2 Dev

Post by Krazystyle83 »

My progress on the client is a little hindered on graphics right now. Until we hopefully get some ripped sprites, I've decided to attempt to remake them as best as I can. Oppinions on this challenge Icon I remade?
http://www.xband2.com:8080/Challange.html
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

This is awesome to hear!
Rush6432 wrote:just helped test mario kart patch. working perfectly. gameplay speed is fast. connection was from texas to wisconsin. works as should
Excellent. It sounds like this is coming along really nicely.
Krazystyle83 wrote:My progress on the client is a little hindered on graphics right now. Until we hopefully get some ripped sprites, I've decided to attempt to remake them as best as I can. Oppinions on this challenge Icon I remade?
That's really authentic looking so far. I like it. Certainly until you can rip sprite animations directly, this looks nice.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
Xband411

Post by Xband411 »

Krazystyle83 wrote:My progress on the client is a little hindered on graphics right now. Until we hopefully get some ripped sprites, I've decided to attempt to remake them as best as I can. Oppinions on this challenge Icon I remade?
This challenge icon looks great!

I fired off an email to a former Xbander that might be able to help get sprite rips. I'll let you know what I hear from him.
DrewBarbs

Post by DrewBarbs »

rush6432 wrote:
Xband411 wrote:
just heklped test mario kart patch. working perfectly. gameplay speed is fast. connection was from texas to wisconsin. works as should :)
wow, this is so awesome, I still can hardly believe a team is actually making some serious progress on this project! I cant wait to get playing!