Xband 2.0

Former Xbanders on SNES or Genesis can get in touch with each other here. Also for people who wish to help with the Xband revival project.
segasaturndude

Post by segasaturndude »

heck if we get the xband going again, the modems on ebay are gonna go fast , when people learn of it working again.
Welcome to the Real world, Sega Saturn Image
Xband411

Post by Xband411 »

segasaturndude wrote:heck if we get the xband going again, the modems on ebay are gonna go fast , when people learn of it working again.
*haha* One step at a time my friend. There is a LOT of work to do on all of the things in that list before ever getting the SNES /Sega Xband Modems working.
segasaturndude

Post by segasaturndude »

this will be awesome once we get all the research done. it will complete my 1990's themed house and life style :D for me it will feel like im living in the 90's again. plus ill love gaming with the xband moem an or sega genesis, snes on my 1990 sony xbr trinitron tv.
Lagunacloud
Xband 2 Dev
Xband 2 Dev

Post by Lagunacloud »

You guys are truly awesome! Words cannot express how excited I am that you all are supporting this project. Krazystyle and I will do our bests not to disapoint!
Krazystyle83
Xband 2 Dev
Xband 2 Dev

Post by Krazystyle83 »

Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

ravendta wrote:
thoudx wrote:I just sent out an email to 92 former SNES xbanders about this project. Getting ready to send one out to some former Genesis xbanders. Hopefully this will help get the word out about the project.
I received that email. Wet my pants at the news. Then came running to hear more.

This is absolutely awesome. How will XBv2 be available when it is completed?

I can't wait. I'm gonna be watching this project every day. You guys are AWESOME for doing this!
Hey, welcome to the forums, it's good to have you here! I've liked seeing all the activity here for this project, people are getting really enthusiastic about Xband 2.0 and being able to experience that "Xband" feeling again.
rush6432 wrote:Ive got loads of info ad done TONS of research and have saved emails as well from the developers about specific topics. i've got probably 60-75 percent of what you need to get it running.

As for the pc side, im open to helping as much as i can. ive got a few assembly games im writting for older game consoles but i can squeeze a project like this in easily

What do i ask in return??? name in the credits is all

Im also willing to help with coding some stuff if you guys need help.

If you guys need help or the source code and info pm me or email me (jeff.nihlean@gmail.com)
Rush, it's good to see you back. These guys certainly want to look at the original hardware after Xband 2.0 is finished, so I'm sure your info will be coming in handy.
Lagunacloud wrote:You guys are truly awesome! Words cannot express how excited I am that you all are supporting this project. Krazystyle and I will do our bests not to disapoint!
Yesterday and today has seen the most activity in a while here on the forums. The project is getting people really excited. This is going to be a huge hit and will attract a lot of former Xbanders and new gamers alike!
Krazystyle83 wrote:Image
Wow, that message box looks really nice. The new youtube video you just posted has a much more authentic feel now too. This is coming along great!
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
rush6432

Post by rush6432 »

just gotta add two things. you need to add usb suport for controllers. im sure someone makes an adaptor to allow a genesis or snes joypad to be attached to the pc. In addition you might think of adding voice support so you can throw on a headset and talk to your opponent while your playing. obviously with cable internet and dsl speeds you'll have NO issues with slowdows. the original modem sent data over the phone lines over a 2400 bps modem..... so im pretty sure you can throw voice and controller button presses and not have a problem with slowdown. maybe an snes controller with headphone input kinda like xbox360.

are you guys interfacing your program with an existing emulator??
Xband411

Post by Xband411 »

Since my coding is extremely rusty, I'm continuing to work on promotion for Xband 2.0

Just posted a nostalgic link over on the Shoryuken forums, and I hope it will get some more of the original Xbanders coming out of the woodwork.

http://shoryuken.com/f2/1996-xband-figh ... ne-254679/

I'm hoping to use this Xband resurgence to do an overhaul of Xband411 too. Want to use that as a promotional tool for XB2.0 . Drawing out some ideas on paper, and hope to have them implemented by the end of the weekend.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with!
segasaturndude

Post by segasaturndude »

do you guys wwant me to make a video about it on youtube? i will if you want. that should attract more people
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Whatever helps to gain attention for the project is good in my book! What we really want to do is get as much support for this as possible, both to give moral support to the devs, and to make it worth everyone's while by gathering a group of people to play against. So any ideas that you could come up with, run with! Let's get creative.
Krazystyle83
Xband 2 Dev
Xband 2 Dev

Post by Krazystyle83 »

Any little bit helps. We really appreciate the ammount of support you're giving us! We love the Xband just as much as you guys. I've gotta head to band practice. But afterwards I'm going to be cranking on this project most of the night.
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Krazystyle83 wrote:Any little bit helps. We really appreciate the ammount of support you're giving us! We love the Xband just as much as you guys. I've gotta head to band practice. But afterwards I'm going to be cranking on this project most of the night.
We look forward to any updates!
segasaturndude

Post by segasaturndude »

Krazystyle83 wrote:Any little bit helps. We really appreciate the ammount of support you're giving us! We love the Xband just as much as you guys. I've gotta head to band practice. But afterwards I'm going to be cranking on this project most of the night.

if you dont mind i ask, are you in high school?
Krazystyle83
Xband 2 Dev
Xband 2 Dev

Post by Krazystyle83 »

I'm not in high school. I'm actually 27. I'm a drummer / backup drummer for a couple bands in my area. Epic side cash, and you can't beat free beer
segasaturndude

Post by segasaturndude »

awesome, you must of seen gaming consoles and computers evolve over the past 27 years. i wish i ws as old as you were. i feel like i was born ahead of my generation. as i believe im the only teenager who likes retro, vintage and nostalgic stuff and that only, i dont like anything from the 2000's