Xband 2.0

Former Xbanders on SNES or Genesis can get in touch with each other here. Also for people who wish to help with the Xband revival project.
rush6432

Post by rush6432 »

epic games last night. i went over to a friends house who just ordered 2 snes usb controllers and was playing zsnes with a friend. told him about xband and he wanted to jump on. i will say that krazy kicked ass in mario kart battle and race. Both friends are hooked and want to play regularly now :0

Cant wait until january when things pick back up in full swing.
rush6432

Post by rush6432 »

Sweet! new beta is coming out....
Xband411

Post by Xband411 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lEp0F0H4-U

Any of you guys up for some Xband2 action this weekend?
bellotto

Re: Xband 2.0

Post by bellotto »

I'm interested. What games are played? Is this possible on a Mac?
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

You're responding to a really old topic. XBAND 2.0's servers have been offline for quite a long time. Supposedly XBAND 3.0 is in the works, but I don't know its status.

XBAND 2.0 only had a Windows client. Super Mario Kart was playable and there was a built-in chat room feature. I think that one or two more games were made available, but I never tried them.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
bellotto

Post by bellotto »

I usually just research on my own, just kinda quickly responded.
rangerjoe

Re:

Post by rangerjoe »

Xranger60 wrote:
Hey Ranger, thanks for the pics! I feel like I remember playing against a RangerJoe back in the day... I had several accounts, POPhoto, NYI2112, Midnightstar, and Prime Mover, if I remember right. I believe I played a game or two of NHL '96, were you in the Long Island/NYC area?
No, I was in Florida...
rangerjoe

Re:

Post by rangerjoe »

Warp2063 wrote:You have a Genesis keyboard? Was it an adapter or a full-blown keyboard? And do you know of there was an SNES one?
It was a full keyboard that plugged directly into the Sega Genesis controller port.

I believe there was one for the SNES, but not 100% sure...