Xband 2.0

Former Xbanders on SNES or Genesis can get in touch with each other here. Also for people who wish to help with the Xband revival project.
Krazystyle83
Xband 2 Dev
Xband 2 Dev

Post by Krazystyle83 »

Rush, I had to kill the picture because it contained a line of code :/
Selvis52

Post by Selvis52 »

I read on AtariAge that you will need a $90 USB device to play Xband 2.0. Is this true?
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Absolutely not. No $90 device will be in use. No need to worry ;)

That device was just kicked around as an idea. Cool concept, just too expensive and there will be some nice anti-cheating methods in the code anyway.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Wow. Who posted that over there, anyway...?
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
rush6432

Post by rush6432 »

No, no 90 dollar device. i had originally posted that on atariage, but we realized we would end up having hardly any users due the price of the item being 90 dollars.

the idea was used to keep the rom area of the whole project legal as you had to use the real cartridges.

Anyway that idea was dropped.
rush6432

Post by rush6432 »

Stay tuned for some awesome news...
MAXIMUSpowers

Post by MAXIMUSpowers »

Awesome work guys. Id love to see this working on real hardware sometime in the future! I dont know how mammoth a task that is but you could cash in on hardware sales! The value of such a device would be priceless.
Netlink Games:
Daytona
Duke Nukem

Currently developing a 3D racing game for the Saturn with Rockin B. If anyone would be interested in coding Netlink support, contact me
segasaturndude

Post by segasaturndude »

Krazystyle83 wrote:Rush, I had to kill the picture because it contained a line of code :/
hey crazystyle did you ever make it backwards compatible for windows 98? i got two 100mhz 128mb sticks of ram for my computer and it runs amazingly for a 12 year old computer. I've been updating it piece by piece, Firefox web browser and stuff. i would be very happy if you could make it backwards compatible
Welcome to the Real world, Sega Saturn Image
Krazystyle83
Xband 2 Dev
Xband 2 Dev

Post by Krazystyle83 »

Hey SaturnDude,

As promised - On Friday I will back compile a special version for 98 users. I normally wouldn't do this :P But the more the merrier, in fact if your going to be around tommorow, i'll work with you on trying to get an early version of this working. I must warn you, your in for some big downloads over dial up (basically the .net 2 architecture). To decrease your download times for the client I will strip out the music in your version as well (if you want it , you can download each song seperately over time and we'll slowly patch it in for you). Also I believe your going to be starting out with the base client (social beta 1), which will allow you to xmail and chat. I won't be able to backport the newest beta right away (the one most will be getting friday). But its definetly important you can hang out in the midnight lounge, and get xmails.

- Krazystyle
segasaturndude

Post by segasaturndude »

where do i download xband 2.0?
Krazystyle83
Xband 2 Dev
Xband 2 Dev

Post by Krazystyle83 »

I would start downloading .net 2.0 first. Xband 2 doesn't get its second beta until Friday. But perhaps later today I can send you a version that I hope is going to work
segasaturndude

Post by segasaturndude »

go ahead and send it to my email- ******************
Last edited by segasaturndude on Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MovingXshadoW

Post by MovingXshadoW »

Hey! Is X-band 2.0 going to be up today? I'm down for some chatting and X-mail haha.
rush6432

Post by rush6432 »

should have some gameplay this weekend with match making :)
Isaac [GER]

Post by Isaac [GER] »

Cant wait to see that! :)
HOLY SMOKIN' JESUS TITTY CINNAMON!