Xband 2.0

Former Xbanders on SNES or Genesis can get in touch with each other here. Also for people who wish to help with the Xband revival project.
Lagunacloud
Xband 2 Dev
Xband 2 Dev

Post by Lagunacloud »

For now we're using windows. Who knows what the future holds.
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Sounds good. We're really looking forward to whatever news you guys have as the project comes to fruition. Keep us posted!
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
Krazystyle83
Xband 2 Dev
Xband 2 Dev

Post by Krazystyle83 »

Email in from Warp today. He has ripped all of the SNES Xband sound effects, and eliminated background noise as efficiently as possible! Thanks Warp!
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Krazystyle83 wrote:Email in from Warp today. He has ripped all of the SNES Xband sound effects, and eliminated background noise as efficiently as possible! Thanks Warp!
Very much appreciated, Warp. I also have a Genesis and an Xband, and can rip some sounds/music using an MP3 player with direct line in recording, if you guys request it.

Also, Warp, congrats on the new user title ;).
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Xranger60 wrote:
Krazystyle83 wrote:Email in from Warp today. He has ripped all of the SNES Xband sound effects, and eliminated background noise as efficiently as possible! Thanks Warp!
Very much appreciated, Warp. I also have a Genesis and an Xband, and can rip some sounds/music using an MP3 player with direct line in recording, if you guys request it.

Also, Warp, congrats on the new user title ;).
Heh, thanks!

I also have the Genesis XBAND, and will begin recording the music and sound from that as soon as possible. Possibly tonight, time permitting.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Thanks, sounds good. I hope this project takes off.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Convenient! The Genesis version seems to produce less static than the SNES, and also has a convenient Sound Test menu, making my life a WHOLE lot easier. =P

It seems that the Genesis version has a number of sound effects that the SNES version might have, but because I can't access certain things (for example, stored XMAILs or BANDWIDTH News, etc.), there may be sound effects I don't have access to. I'll have to look into that some more.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Are you ripping the sound using the Xband with a game attached, or straight from the rom file? I'm glad the Genesis doesn't have as much annoying static.

I think without being able to access a stored Xmail, simply heading over to the Xmail menu plays the only Xmail song that there was, but I can't remember, seems hazy. Might have to review some of those youtube videos again to see if there was a different song for viewing an Xmail.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Unfortunately, I've only found one SNES emulator so far that will play an XBAND ROM, and it doesn't have sound. Fortunately, I had .spc files of the four major SNES XBAND songs, so I could convert those without static. I don't have the same luxury for the SNES sound effects or any of the music OR sound effects for the Genesis.
Krazystyle83
Xband 2 Dev
Xband 2 Dev

Post by Krazystyle83 »

The xmail menu song was one of my favorite on the Genesis version. I love the music because I spent so much time on it. But I feel like we got robbed when I heard the SNES music
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

I've always loved the Genesis music, but was so surprised when I first heard the SNES music. It was completely different and didn't seem even to be stylistically similar to the Genesis music. The genesis music seems much more subdued/laid back.
Isaac [GER]

Post by Isaac [GER] »

Is the old xband.com domain on sale or is it being used by someone? Does anyone have pictures what the old website was like? What did it look like? Im really curious and I'd love to help sadly, as you all know, Im not good at programming.

PS: Sorry for being away so long!
HOLY SMOKIN' JESUS TITTY CINNAMON!
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Xband.com is currently registered to someone, and is apparently set to expire on 12-1-10, but it seems like the person who currently has title to the domain name consistently renews, even though there has not been a website there for something over 2 years.
Xband411

Post by Xband411 »

Krazystyle83 wrote:
Giving us support :
Xranger60
Mike (From Xband411.com)

Krazystyle
Always glad to help out in any way that I can. Thanks go to you guys for undertaking such a big project. Hopefully as word spreads, we'll find more people that are able to donate their time.
Xband411

Post by Xband411 »

Isaac [GER] wrote:Is the old xband.com domain on sale or is it being used by someone? Does anyone have pictures what the old website was like? What did it look like? Im really curious and I'd love to help sadly, as you all know, Im not good at programming.

PS: Sorry for being away so long!
This is what I remember seeing back in 1997 when I used to log on to check Nationwide stats.

http://web.archive.org/web/199702090558 ... xband.com/