Xband 2.0

Former Xbanders on SNES or Genesis can get in touch with each other here. Also for people who wish to help with the Xband revival project.
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Warp2063 wrote:You have a Genesis keyboard? Was it an adapter or a full-blown keyboard? And do you know of there was an SNES one?
Actually, I had one of these too. It was black, Xband-labeled keyboard, no adapter, just plugged right in. For Genesis. Not sure about the SNES one, maybe Ranger can comment on it.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
rush6432

Post by rush6432 »

i believe there was a keyboard for the snes version and it was purple i think.
mjfruits

Post by mjfruits »

I still have the XBand keyboard for SNES. It's black and is about the same size as a regular keyboard minus the number pad. XBand sent it to me for free as their way of saying "sorry!" for a glitch in their system for over a month that changed my number causing all matches that when my opponent's modem called me it ended up calling somebody elses house instead resulting in no match-up :shock:

I also still have the Weaponlord game, beta version, or so I was told when I signed up to be a tester for it on XBand and James Goddard sent it to me supposedly before it was available in stores.

Do you think the game might have the XBand coding it, making it somewheat easier to decode or whatever???
aka Star Wars and Freedon Nadd on SNES XBand
Krazystyle83
Xband 2 Dev
Xband 2 Dev

Post by Krazystyle83 »

In theory yes... It should have the memory hooks back to XBAND. Has it been proven? I don't think so? Rush and Warp would be more knowledgeable on this one
Krazystyle83
Xband 2 Dev
Xband 2 Dev

Post by Krazystyle83 »

Epic News! First real beta , coming realll soon
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

As I see it, there are two possibilities for the Weaponlord beta cart. Either it had the patch for the XBAND on the cart, in which case it could be useful (assuming that the retail version doesn't have an XBAND patch on it), or else it did not have the patch for the XBAND, in which case it doesn't matter if we get ahold of the beta cart or not.

It still might be cool to have a dump of that cartridge, though... for without the cartridge or a dump of it, we can't make any determinations, really.

I'm kind of doubting that as a beta cart, it allowed you any special control over the XBAND... at least that wasn't hidden from you, the user... am I correct in that assumption?
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

mjfruits wrote:I still have the XBand keyboard for SNES. It's black and is about the same size as a regular keyboard minus the number pad. XBand sent it to me for free as their way of saying "sorry!" for a glitch in their system for over a month that changed my number causing all matches that when my opponent's modem called me it ended up calling somebody elses house instead resulting in no match-up :shock:

I also still have the Weaponlord game, beta version, or so I was told when I signed up to be a tester for it on XBand and James Goddard sent it to me supposedly before it was available in stores.

Do you think the game might have the XBand coding it, making it somewheat easier to decode or whatever???
Hey mj, welcome to you and ranger today! Cool stuff regarding that beta... we're not really sure if that has anything special on it, although i'm sure it could be interesting to look at.
Krazystyle83 wrote:Epic News! First real beta , coming realll soon

Most epic! We're fired up about it!
mjfruits

Post by mjfruits »

It still might be cool to have a dump of that cartridge, though... for without the cartridge or a dump of it, we can't make any determinations, really
I don't have the knowledge or the equipment to do a dump, but if one of y'all want to give it a go I could probably mail the cart to you.
I'm kind of doubting that as a beta cart, it allowed you any special control over the XBAND... at least that wasn't hidden from you, the user... am I correct in that assumption?
It played just like every other game on XBand.
aka Star Wars and Freedon Nadd on SNES XBand
Krazystyle83
Xband 2 Dev
Xband 2 Dev

Post by Krazystyle83 »

Ughhh.. Epic Halloween Hangover.

Here's some more terribly done menu buttons. I'm not a graphics designer by trade :/

And the intro X for good measure.
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Those animations look spot on!
ravendta

Post by ravendta »

This may be a dumb question and may have already been answered, but which versions of Windows will Xband 2.0 be compatible with?

I have XP on my laptop which is what I plan to put Xband on because I usually have it connected to my TV for all-in-one emulation.

I have Vista on my desktop but I'd like to avoid using that.

Also, will we have the Xband music from both the SNES and Genesis versions? Will it be possible to choose which version we like better?

I really wish I could help, but I have no talent when it comes to computer programming or graphics design. :(
Krazystyle83
Xband 2 Dev
Xband 2 Dev

Post by Krazystyle83 »

ravendta wrote:This may be a dumb question and may have already been answered, but which versions of Windows will Xband 2.0 be compatible with?

I have XP on my laptop which is what I plan to put Xband on because I usually have it connected to my TV for all-in-one emulation.

Also, will we have the Xband music from both the SNES and Genesis versions? Will it be possible to choose which version we like better?

I really wish I could help, but I have no talent when it comes to computer programming or graphics design. :(
Xband 2.0 supports Windows XP SP2 and above. Requires a minimal of 256 megs of ram (512 recommended), and a 500 mhz processor. Also requires .NET 3.5.

Xband 2 gives you the choice to use SNES, Genesis Music, Xband 2.0 Music, Mix Snes / Gen, or Mix All.

I appreciate that you want to help out. But actually, the best way you can help out is to spread the word to all your friends. Get the other Xband users pumped. If your friends don't know what the hell Xband is, explain to them that they can play there favorite classics RANKED online!
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Krazystyle83 wrote:
ravendta wrote:This may be a dumb question and may have already been answered, but which versions of Windows will Xband 2.0 be compatible with?

Xband 2.0 supports Windows XP SP2 and above. Requires a minimal of 256 megs of ram (512 recommended), and a 500 mhz processor. Also requires .NET 3.5.

Xband 2 gives you the choice to use SNES, Genesis Music, Xband 2.0 Music, Mix Snes / Gen, or Mix All.

I appreciate that you want to help out. But actually, the best way you can help out is to spread the word to all your friends. Get the other Xband users pumped. If your friends don't know what the hell Xband is, explain to them that they can play there favorite classics RANKED online!
Exposure is definitely a huge plus: Let's get as many people as possible excited about this!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

mjfruits wrote:
It still might be cool to have a dump of that cartridge, though... for without the cartridge or a dump of it, we can't make any determinations, really
I don't have the knowledge or the equipment to do a dump, but if one of y'all want to give it a go I could probably mail the cart to you.
Well, I ordered a device that should let me dump the cartridge. I don't know when exactly it will arrive yet, as I haven't received shipping confirmation. I'll let you know when I have it set up and working before I ask you to ship it. Thanks for this opportunity!
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
segasaturndude

Post by segasaturndude »

never mind about the computer, someone threw away a windows 98 computer running on an pentium 2 processor. thank you anways for offering :)

Krazystyle83 wrote:

Welcome to the Real world, Sega Saturn Image