Xband 2.0

Former Xbanders on SNES or Genesis can get in touch with each other here. Also for people who wish to help with the Xband revival project.
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Xband411 wrote:
Krazystyle83 wrote:My progress on the client is a little hindered on graphics right now. Until we hopefully get some ripped sprites, I've decided to attempt to remake them as best as I can. Oppinions on this challenge Icon I remade?
http://www.xband2.com:8080/Challange.html
This challenge icon looks great!

I fired off an email to a former Xbander that might be able to help get sprite rips. I'll let you know what I hear from him.
Hey, this would be really nice if it could happen. Thanks for attempting to make contact!
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

If he can do it quickly, great! I've started looking into ripping graphics, but I won't have much time available to me until tomorrow. Also, I have to finish getting the Genesis music to Krazy.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Krazystyle83
Xband 2 Dev
Xband 2 Dev

Post by Krazystyle83 »

It's not just us, everyone's been pitching in. Appreciate all of the effort you guys. Things are moving pretty quick :p
rush6432

Post by rush6432 »

Good to hear :) the rest of the team is just as anxious as the public here guys. we want to see this work as much as you guys do.
segasaturndude

Post by segasaturndude »

Krazystyle83 wrote:
segasaturndude wrote:your gonna give me a computer? i dont have one and i wont be able to afford one for awhile. so i have th choice of buying a sege genesis or snes and waiting for their version to come online, or wait longer and buy a computer.
Yes.
when will you be sending the computer? i sent you my address to your private message box. does it include anything? i have a keyboard, mouse and stuff so that shouldnt matter
Welcome to the Real world, Sega Saturn Image
Krazystyle83
Xband 2 Dev
Xband 2 Dev

Post by Krazystyle83 »

segasaturndude wrote:
Krazystyle83 wrote:
segasaturndude wrote:your gonna give me a computer? i dont have one and i wont be able to afford one for awhile. so i have th choice of buying a sege genesis or snes and waiting for their version to come online, or wait longer and buy a computer.
Yes.
when will you be sending the computer? i sent you my address to your private message box. does it include anything? i have a keyboard, mouse and stuff so that shouldnt matter
It will be a few weeks before I have some time to sift through parts. I can probably get you a pentium 3 / 4 running windows xp. You'd probably only be looking at 512 RAM. But i've got some decent video cards I can throw in there to help it run some good games. I'll see what I can do about getting it preloaded with some good stuff as well.
segasaturndude

Post by segasaturndude »

dude you are awesome!!! 8) pentium 4 with xp i believe is considerd one of the best pcs avalable. if you can find one, throw in an ATI radeon graphics card or an nvidia geforce :). i sent you my home address through your private messages, so check there when you need to know my address. if i may ask, what kind of brands of computers do you have?
Krazystyle83
Xband 2 Dev
Xband 2 Dev

Post by Krazystyle83 »

Brand is all variant on the parts. I've got some Nvidia and ATI cards laying around. But most of the boards I have laying around are intel, or gigabyte. All of my better hardware is already strewn about setup in either my apartment for our development times, I always try to keep some spare hardware around for my friends if they have issues. LagunaCloud has had some bad luck with machines in recent times, from boards going out, to accidental dropping of a mac mini :( But we've got enought hardware to get by, and then some.
segasaturndude

Post by segasaturndude »

this will be awesome. maybey once i get a job and a computer from you i could customize it and make it a sick gaming computer. how can i ever repay you?
Krazystyle83
Xband 2 Dev
Xband 2 Dev

Post by Krazystyle83 »

Use it to learn :)
Krazystyle83
Xband 2 Dev
Xband 2 Dev

Post by Krazystyle83 »

For those of you who don't know:
Xranger60 will be maintaining the new Bandwidth.
Xband411 will be maintaining the new Xband News.

Heres a way early shot of the new bandwith
rangerjoe

Post by rangerjoe »

I was an XBand-er back in the day. Being able to play NHL over the phone line was awesome (although it wasn't the exact speed as the normal gameplay). My buddy and I first saw the Xband promo video on a kiosk at the mall and immediately went to Electronics Boutique and bought them.

I still have mine in it's original box...I also have the keyboard that I ordered in it's original box (both for the Genesis). I'll post some pics here...

RangerJoe
rangerjoe

Post by rangerjoe »

Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

rangerjoe wrote:I was an XBand-er back in the day. Being able to play NHL over the phone line was awesome (although it wasn't the exact speed as the normal gameplay). My buddy and I first saw the Xband promo video on a kiosk at the mall and immediately went to Electronics Boutique and bought them.

I still have mine in it's original box...I also have the keyboard that I ordered in it's original box (both for the Genesis). I'll post some pics here...

RangerJoe
Hey Ranger, thanks for the pics! I feel like I remember playing against a RangerJoe back in the day... I had several accounts, POPhoto, NYI2112, Midnightstar, and Prime Mover, if I remember right. I believe I played a game or two of NHL '96, were you in the Long Island/NYC area?
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

You have a Genesis keyboard? Was it an adapter or a full-blown keyboard? And do you know of there was an SNES one?
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!