Xband 2.0

Former Xbanders on SNES or Genesis can get in touch with each other here. Also for people who wish to help with the Xband revival project.
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Haha thanks for bringing it to my attention anyway, Hobo. How come I don't see you on the NetLink Fall Tournament list?
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
rush6432

Post by rush6432 »

You guys are all in for a big treat!! We made the first match make over long distance last night using the xband Beta 3, and let me tell you guys its just as exciting as the original xband. Taunts come up and the game is on!!! Nba jam will be sure to have you on the edge of your seat while playing.

Minimum reqirement for internet speed would be DSL at the very least for now until dial-up is tested. dsl speeds should be atleast 2.5 mbps download speed and atleast .5 mbps upload at the very least. these are just guestimates based on the latency settings in our tested games and the internet connection that im using which was the slowest of all of them, thus ive provided my download upload rates as of a fresh reboot on my dsl modem.

To test your connection head over to http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

Once you've obtained a copy of the Beta 3 software when it goes live, please match make to your hearts content and test out the games. If you would like submit feedback about gameplay issues, xband interface issues, lag, suggestions, bugs, please submit an Xmail to Xband containing your findings.

Remember the more bugs you report the faster the service gets repaired, progresses and evolves.
nathanallan

Post by nathanallan »

I played and it worked GREAT. There are a couple of bugs that reared their ugly heads (like my non-configured router :/ ) but other than that things worked pretty well. USE A USB PAD. keyboard controls are really hard to deal with.
Auto-Fox

Post by Auto-Fox »

I wonder... could the software ever be made to communicate with an original XBAND device?
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Auto-Fox wrote:I wonder... could the software ever be made to communicate with an original XBAND device?
There are a lot of hurdles to overcome for that to happen, and several different ideas on how to do it. I'm working on the original hardware side, though, and so are Rush and Nevi. Krazy said that his team will help out when they're done with 2.0. But there are no guarantees. Even the code we've received from the original devs may not be enough to get the original XBAND online again... but we're trying.

Even if we do get the original XBAND working, with the way 2.0 is currently built, I don't see it working out. I'm positive it could be done, but not without some very significant changes to the 2.0 system... or some VERY significant changes to the original.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
segasaturndude

Post by segasaturndude »

hey Krazystyle, you still havnt sent me a link to download xband 2.0
Welcome to the Real world, Sega Saturn Image
john2kx

Post by john2kx »

segasaturndude wrote:hey Krazystyle, you still havnt sent me a link to download xband 2.0
here:
http://www.zerotodev.com/Beta4.zip
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

john2kx wrote:
segasaturndude wrote:hey Krazystyle, you still havnt sent me a link to download xband 2.0
here:
http://www.zerotodev.com/Beta4.zip
Krazy said he'd create a special version for saturndude - one that would be compatible with his older OS. The normal release won't do anything for him.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
nathanallan

Post by nathanallan »

I passed this along to the Google group rec.games.video.sega with links and all, hopefully it will bring some people in.

Sorry I have been offline so much, life is taking over.
Krazystyle83
Xband 2 Dev
Xband 2 Dev

Post by Krazystyle83 »

Quick updates :
LagunaCloud has been fevereshly working on the bugs affecting users with matchmaking / UPNP.
Hopefully this is fixed - w00t.

On another forefront,
Sc00bz is in process of writing / finishing up web based XMAIL.
You can see whats done here :
http://sc00bz.dyndns.org/
nathanallan

Post by nathanallan »

I tried that link but it gives me an error that the page can't be found. Got another one?
Don't TELL me I can't network something.
rush6432

Post by rush6432 »

krazy, xmail feature works :) nice to see you can acess from the web now
Krazystyle83
Xband 2 Dev
Xband 2 Dev

Post by Krazystyle83 »

Testing fixed forum sig
rush6432

Post by rush6432 »

testing to see if my sig works
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Don't worry guys, the 3.0 PHPBB update is coming very soon and the forum sig issues will be fixed.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.