snes X-Band treat

Former Xbanders on SNES or Genesis can get in touch with each other here. Also for people who wish to help with the Xband revival project.
neviksti

snes X-Band treat

Post by neviksti »

Well, thanks to a SNES emulator finally separating cartridge details from system details, I was able to use BSNES's features to get the XBand rom running on BSNES. Enjoy the music and graphics!

www.neviksti.com/xband_test.zip

NOTE:
It takes awhile to load the first time. Also, the XML file is very much needed, don't remove it. And if you rename files, make sure both are named the same.
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Wow! Thanks, I just tried it in BSNES, and it works great. It's such a blast going through the GUI and hearing the music.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
MovingXshadoW

Post by MovingXshadoW »

Wow...I've been looking for a working Xband rom for years. Thank you so much haha! :lol:
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Where'd you get this ROM? Did you rip it yourself? If so, how?
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
neviksti

Post by neviksti »

I've dumped roms before using a Game doctor copier for the snes, but it is usually easier to just go online.

This one I just grabbed a copy online. To make it work with bsnes, I had to supply a memory map (the XML file), and added some data to the rom file to let me map in constant values for where the FRED and modem registers etc. are to let it pass some startup tests. At first I was trying to hack the rom to remove a bunch of the tests, but it got tedious. This way was easier.