Efforts to come

Former Xbanders on SNES or Genesis can get in touch with each other here. Also for people who wish to help with the Xband revival project.
retro

Post by retro »

I was supposed to have gone out some 20 minutes ago, but instead have been reading this thread with much interest!

Could you give us a progress report on this?

I would love to help, but unfortunately my time is very limited right now so I don't know how much help I'd be. I need to get hold of some Xbands really. In particular, I'm very interested in the dev modifications. If I can get hold of an Xband, I'd certainly be interested in doing that.

Could anyone give any information on the SRAM / ROMs used in the Xband? I might be able to dump them, perhaps.

I also know someone who worked on Xband. IIRC he told me he wrote a library for transmitting controller values over the phone line. When I get a chance, I'll see if I can speak to him about it. Is there anything in particular you want to know?

In the future, I'd like to look at a hardware solution for this, but it is something I can't think about doing for the moment.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Well... I'm on the latest team for this. I think it's on hiatus at the moment, as no one has talked to me about it for a while. It's still in my projects-to-do list, and I have a design for a piece of hardware that I plan to build ready to go... I just need to actually build it and write the code for it.

I still plan to work on this, but it's something I do in my free time when the interest hits me. The fact that you've actually posted about it helps my interest level, though. I won't have a lot of time free in July, but we'll see what I can do until then.

Basically, we got some code from the Genesis XBand, some of the SNES XBand patches, and have complete dumps of the SNES and Genesis XBand ROMs, but only complete dumps of the SNES SRAMS. I have two Genesis dumping tools, and I can't seem to get the SRAM to dump through either of them...

Really... we can use any information we can get. We'd love to know more about how their servers communicated with the modems, and we really need to save as many of the game patches as possible - recreating them I think is beyond our patience levels or abilities.

We have some more specific info, but I'd need more specific questions. :/
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
retro

Post by retro »

Well, even a little work every now and then on the project is better than no work at all! :wink:

I'm pretty sure I have no documentation on XBand, but will check. I'll also try and get round to asking for any info.

Incidentally, do you know who from Catapult has been contacted so far? Or indeed any other relevant company...

As the work seems to be rather sporadic from all parties, I might be able to lend a hand. I'll see if I can free up some time and let you know.

In the meantime, if anyone wants to contact me, drop me a PM and I should get e-mail notification. I'll try to visit the forum regularly, but can't promise anything!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Unfortunately, I can't remember the names of who has been contacted. I didn't have the contacts that the other two team members had. :/
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Hehe, goto facebook my friends!!

Remember when I tried to get answers about Hexen Saturns hidden link cable mode? I found 2 of the developers form the manual on facebook. Asked them some Questions about it :)
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

xDerekRx wrote:Hehe, goto facebook my friends!!

Remember when I tried to get answers about Hexen Saturns hidden link cable mode? I found 2 of the developers form the manual on facebook. Asked them some Questions about it :)
Good suggestion! I'll look into that after work. :)
DELETED

Cena01

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Selvis52

Post by Selvis52 »

I'm just curious, but is this still in the works?
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Selvis52 wrote:I'm just curious, but is this still in the works?
Funny you should ask. I haven't been working on this project for a few months, but just yesterday I had another idea and started researching it. I've got a lot of other stuff going on right now, though, and every so often I hit a wall or run out of ideas, so it isn't going very quickly.

Did you find this thread via a Google search or something? Just curious. Either way, welcome!
Selvis52

Post by Selvis52 »

Warp2063 wrote:
Funny you should ask. I haven't been working on this project for a few months, but just yesterday I had another idea and started researching it. I've got a lot of other stuff going on right now, though, and every so often I hit a wall or run out of ideas, so it isn't going very quickly.

Did you find this thread via a Google search or something? Just curious. Either way, welcome!
Well, I'm glad to hear you guys didn't give up on it completely!

I found this forum by watching JerryTerrifying's video on the NetLink which linked to this site. When I got here I saw there was a XBand Revival section, and I wanted to check it out to see if people were actually going to attempt to bring Xband back from the dead.
Krazystyle83
Xband 2 Dev
Xband 2 Dev

Post by Krazystyle83 »

If you are getting updates about this post in your email... I'm just posting to check out my other thread about Xband Revival
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Selvis52 wrote:
Warp2063 wrote:

Well, I'm glad to hear you guys didn't give up on it completely!

I found this forum by watching JerryTerrifying's video on the NetLink which linked to this site. When I got here I saw there was a XBand Revival section, and I wanted to check it out to see if people were actually going to attempt to bring Xband back from the dead.
I don't actually know if any of the other guys are actively working on it at the moment. I'm working in the direction of reviving the XBAND, but I have some other goals to complete first. Completing those tasks will bring me a lot closer to getting the XBAND working again.