how would I get the x band bios to run on an emulator??

Former Xbanders on SNES or Genesis can get in touch with each other here. Also for people who wish to help with the Xband revival project.
NWA

how would I get the x band bios to run on an emulator??

Post by NWA »

Title says it all I just want to listen to the music on it and fiddle around but I try to just load the bios file and it never works :( what am i doing wrong :oops:
Better run home to momma now!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Re: how would I get the x band bios to run on an emulator??

Post by Warp2063 »

I've seen one very specific XBAND ROM run on one very specific emulator. I've never seen it work in any other configuration. The emulator has to be set up to accept it. It's not something you can just run under any emulator.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Is the music the same of the Saturn?
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
NWA

Post by NWA »

no its different and really good! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5N9YdGlYdc&feature=plcp

it might sound weird at first but after listening to all the different ones on the modem you get used to them and end up liking them :D
Better run home to momma now!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Here's the Genesis XBAND music. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjUgpnohPzU

I think the SNES music is better, though. NWA - if you just want to listen to the SNES music, I recommend downloading the chiptune. You'll need a special music player or plugin to play the file, but you'll be able to listen on your computer. I listen to a lot of music from older video games this way.
http://www.zophar.net/music/spc/xband-modem.html

The chiptune files are nice and small (far smaller than MP3 files), as they contain only the raw code that the sound processor ran to generate the music on the original console. The music player just emulates the sound processor(s) and outputs the sound to your computer speakers.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Xband411

Post by Xband411 »

When a friend did a ROM dump of my Xband years ago, I was never able to get the music to play properly, and the bios only played on one particular emulator. However a year or two ago, I believe I did come across a bios that would play on most emulators and would play the music/audio too. I will check this weekend when I get home and let you know.

I have the music in MP3 format if you want. Just drop me a line at xband411@gmail.com and I'll send it to you.