New Xband 3CE Screenshots

Former Xbanders on SNES or Genesis can get in touch with each other here. Also for people who wish to help with the Xband revival project.
Xranger60
Site Admin

Re: New Xband 3CE Screenshots

Post by Xranger60 »

NekoCahlan wrote:Ohhh, that's pretty sweet! 16 bit only huh? No Saturn love for the JP Xband? :P
That would be awesome, wouldn't it? Although Xband 3 will be for 16-bit gaming (at least as of now), there are some seriously talented developers working on it, and one benefit of this implementation is that the team can support games that the original Xband never supported.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
GreaterUnknown

Post by GreaterUnknown »

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but what is the current status of Xband 3? Is there a planned release date? Or is it already finished? I'd love to know. If it is finished, where can I download/sign up? Thanks to the team for doing so much work on the project! :D I never played on Xband (too young) but it will be so cool to be able to see what it's like!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I don't know what the current status of the project is. Krazy and his team are involved with a lot of different things and are constantly hopping between projects, so progress is made in spurts. He shows up every 4-6 months with another progress update. Even if they do eventually finish and release, I don't expect it'll be for quite a while.

The newer XBAND projects aren't exactly the original experience, but they hearken back to it.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
GreaterUnknown

Post by GreaterUnknown »

Thanks for the info Warp. I understand that some aspects of XBAND will probably have to be removed, like dialing up your opponent and stuff like that. As long as the matchmaking, rankings, and xmail are there, I'm sure everyone will be happy.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

XBAND 3.0 doesn't actually use any original hardware, so there is no modem involved. It does matchmaking over the internet and plays the games in an emulator. I believe they were going for a live chat system. I know that they had rankings after a sort working in the XBAND 2.0 beta (or at least stats tracking for individual players). I don't remember if they bothered with XMAIL, but as I said, they had a live chat system.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Krazystyle

Post by Krazystyle »

It's actually running here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHLGvuu181E . Just a little taste of the 3-Dia player dialog that pops up between song changes, and the LIVE ticker that reports users game scores
GreaterUnknown

Post by GreaterUnknown »

I forgot to reply to this thread xD. Thanks for the video Krazy. I'm glad to see all the work you've been doing for the project!