Snesoip (New xband?!)

Former Xbanders on SNES or Genesis can get in touch with each other here. Also for people who wish to help with the Xband revival project.
rush6432

Snesoip (New xband?!)

Post by rush6432 »

Hey guys, not sure if anyone has seen this or not.

https://github.com/mupfelofen-de/SNESoIP

Im currently working with the creator and helping with some R&D Testing. I currently have the only two revisions of the snesoip in the USA at the moment.

So far the games work, but there are a few issues with the setup. One being that both consoles do not synchonize at all. This is a work in progress at the moment and is hopefully going to change soon.

The other aspect is that not all games will work properly. Fighting games for instance, will work fine for the most part... Games that contain randomly spawning items or enemies, or enemies that have random attack patterns most likely wont work due to the fact that BOTH systems would need to have the same events happen on both screens to keep the game running as if both players were in the same room playing on the same system.

Unfortunately there just isnt a way to make both machines have the exact same things happen without major hardware or major game modifications (patches like xband had). However stuff is being worked on for this possibly.

Anyhow, show your support and donate via paypal if you like what you see and want to see this evolve more. I know Michael has invested a bunch of time into this himself, and i have started investing quite a bit of time myself. Hopefully some of the original XBAND source code i obtained years back can come into play here and help out and solve a few of our problems.
shicky256

Re: Snesoip (New xband?!)

Post by shicky256 »

This makes it seem like only fighting games will ever work. Mario Kart? No. Bomberman? No. I don't know how XBAND let Mario Kart sync between the two systems, but it seems like the best multi-player games won't be available. Honestly, I think that net play on a computer would work the best for these reasons.
rush6432

Re: Snesoip (New xband?!)

Post by rush6432 »

We`ve already tested with mario kart and it works fine. Its all a matter if you want to do it on real hardware or not. Xband was literally the same method but had additional hardware to access to the system data lines to manipulate like a game genie would. Games with a bunch of random events wont work and they didnt work on xband either.... there was only so much you could change or modify.