Can it be downloaded soon?.

Former Xbanders on SNES or Genesis can get in touch with each other here. Also for people who wish to help with the Xband revival project.
X-kid93

Can it be downloaded soon?.

Post by X-kid93 »

Hiya, im new here, but i did see about the xband on youtube, and then i saw this, so i think it would be intersting, but i dont see any links to the xband software, can it be downloaded soon?.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Re: Can it be downloaded soon?.

Post by Warp2063 »

I'm not sure what you're referring to.

The XBAND was a physical modem by Catapult for the Genesis and the Super Nintendo that allowed subscription multiplayer gaming over a phone line.

XBAND 2.0 and XBAND 3.0 were pieces of software developed by a team of people to simulate the experience, only emulated on the computer. To my knowledge, neither were completed beyond alpha or beta forms, and it's been a while since there's been a status update from either one. I don't know whether the servers are even up anymore. As far as I know, neither are currently under active development.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
X-kid93

Post by X-kid93 »

Warp2063 wrote:I'm not sure what you're referring to.

The XBAND was a physical modem by Catapult for the Genesis and the Super Nintendo that allowed subscription multiplayer gaming over a phone line.

XBAND 2.0 and XBAND 3.0 were pieces of software developed by a team of people to simulate the experience, only emulated on the computer. To my knowledge, neither were completed beyond alpha or beta forms, and it's been a while since there's been a status update from either one. I don't know whether the servers are even up anymore. As far as I know, neither are currently under active development.
hmm, i was afraid that the project is dead to, and i was asking about if it where stil possibel to download one of that xband emulation.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I'm sure I have a version somewhere, but there are later versions than mine. Poke around the forums - there might be valid download links still in there. As I said, though, you'll still need to connect to a server for matching purposes, and I don't know if any are still up. Furthermore, you'll need another player also on the service.

The major issue has always been lack of interest - there just haven't been enough people with sustained interest to bother continuing development and to keep servers running.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
X-kid93

Post by X-kid93 »

Warp2063 wrote:I'm sure I have a version somewhere, but there are later versions than mine. Poke around the forums - there might be valid download links still in there. As I said, though, you'll still need to connect to a server for matching purposes, and I don't know if any are still up. Furthermore, you'll need another player also on the service.

The major issue has always been lack of interest - there just haven't been enough people with sustained interest to bother continuing development and to keep servers running.
well, i had seen also on a film colorizeing subject the project is also dead,