Saturn Xband Direct-Dial

Former Xbanders on SNES or Genesis can get in touch with each other here. Also for people who wish to help with the Xband revival project.
SEGA RPG FAN

Saturn Xband Direct-Dial

Post by SEGA RPG FAN »

I'm looking for someone with a little more Xband experience and Saturn knowledge than me to help me out. I've been experimenting with making the JP Saturn Xband titles direct dial with the Japanese modem. By swapping the JP Xband files with the US Netlink Xband files, I can get the game to boot into the Netlink OS, dial and connect to another system running the same modified game, exchange information and attempt to boot into the multiplayer menu. The point where I'm getting hung up on is after the modems connect and they should reboot to the multiplayer menu. It gets to the Sega logo, switches to a black screen and hangs.

I don't have the knowledge to try and troubleshoot what's going on at a low-level within the Saturn to find out why it's hanging. If you think you can help, let me know and I'll share what I've been able to figure out so far.
rush6432

Re: Saturn Xband Direct-Dial

Post by rush6432 »

since the Japanese xband used a server like the genesis and snes I'm willing to bet it's almost the exact same setup. once the genesis and snes versions are figured out the Saturn may follow suit indirectly just by getting the original stuff working.