Soon to be Netlinker - Kentucky

This is the place to go to put out challenges to others and find NetLink opponents to play.
AlphaDangerDen

Soon to be Netlinker - Kentucky

Post by AlphaDangerDen »

Hello all, for the past couple months I've been watching all of these videos on YouTube about the Saturn Netlink (thanks Jerry and Derek) and reading this forum a lot. I'm a pretty big Genesis/CD fan and planned on getting a Saturn, Netlink, Mouse/KB, and a couple of the Netlink games (curious as to how well or bad Duke Nukem will play with the mouse and keyboard on the Saturn port) as well as a few other titles to take to college with me in the next few months. My home is in area code 606, but the college I plan on going to later this year will be in area code 859. I can't comment on if which ever school's dorm/apartment (applied to multiple schools) will have either an analog or digital phone line, or a land line at all. I probably won't be able to afford long distance phone calls, hence why I'm reaching out all the KY Netlinkers from those two area codes.

Any advice/info/tips/suggestions are welcomed :)
xDerekRx

Re: Soon to be Netlinker - Kentucky

Post by xDerekRx »

Hey Alpha welcome to the board. Glad you liked the videos.

Only suggestion is make sure you have an analog line but you probably already figured that out.

Its tough to generally get a match going on here but there are a couple of newer members who can dial out. You dont need long distance if someone else is willing to dial first.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
AlphaDangerDen

Post by AlphaDangerDen »

xDerekRx wrote:Hey Alpha welcome to the board. Glad you liked the videos.

Only suggestion is make sure you have an analog line but you probably already figured that out.

Its tough to generally get a match going on here but there are a couple of newer members who can dial out. You dont need long distance if someone else is willing to dial first.
I'm pretty sure my phone line here at home is digital, although I'll double check. Do you know if you can use the mouse and keyboard in Duke 3D during a Netlink match?
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Sadly you cant. You cant use it with any of the games for netlink. Im also not sure about what games you can even use it for. I heard possibly Myst for the mouse but again that's not something Im completely sure of.

Duke Nukem would have been fantastic for the mouse. It took me a long time to get used to playing it on the 3D pad but eventually got the hang of it.

Digital phone line will be almost unplayable sadly if it even works at all. Analog on the other hand will be flawless no matter how far away the opponent is which is still kind of neat.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

AlphaDangerDen

Post by AlphaDangerDen »

What's the best Saturn controller for Duke Nukem 3D? I imagine it's awkward with a d-pad.
NekoCahlan

Post by NekoCahlan »

I used the 3d controller personally.
I have all of the Netlink games.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Yeah the 3D works well. I used it during my netlink matches.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On