What did you buy today?

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

JerryTerrifying wrote:
xDerekRx wrote:
JerryTerrifying wrote: Shipping included?
33 shipped :)
And you say they're in really good condition? How are the cases?
The cases and manuals are nice. No cracks. Panzer 2 disc has scratches but Ive played through it 3 times with 0 issues. Im keeping the copy i got from craigslist because it was basically new.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

Would you mind holding on to them for like two weeks till I get my next check?
Game collection on my site.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Yeah thats fine
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Warp2063 wrote:Nice haul!

I already own a model 1 controller, and I'm not that fond of it. I much prefer the model 2, which fortunately came with my model 1 Saturn back when I picked it up a year ago.

I'd be after the Panzers, too, if I didn't already own Japanese import versions of both. With how little text there is in the games, it isn't really worth it to get the English ones as well. =P
I dont like the Model 1 either. I have a few Model 2s. But will keep a Model 1 for collection reasons.

As for Model 1/2 systems. Whats the difference? im keeping the a Model 1, and might pick up a Model 2 on craigslist for my backup.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

JerryTerrifying

xDerekRx wrote:Yeah thats fine
Aweosme I'll definitely buy them from you when I get my next check.
JerryTerrifying

The model two is easier to install a mod chip in and the model one is easier to use the swap trick with. That's the only difference that I know of.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

JerryTerrifying wrote:The model two is easier to install a mod chip in and the model one is easier to use the swap trick with. That's the only difference that I know of.
Yeah Ive heard that. I might get my Model 2 modded some day down the line. Not now as I want to collect all the original material games.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

JerryTerrifying

xDerekRx wrote:
JerryTerrifying wrote:The model two is easier to install a mod chip in and the model one is easier to use the swap trick with. That's the only difference that I know of.
Yeah Ive heard that. I might get my Model 2 modded some day down the line. Not now as I want to collect all the original material games.
The only reason I'd mod mine is to play Panzer Dragoon Saga. No game is worth $200+. At least not to me. I understand not wanting to mod it now as the temptation to just start burning games would be pretty great. You might want to track down a mod chip sooner rather than later, they're probably pretty hard to find for a 15 year old console.
Manji

Post by Manji »

might want to check this place out if you're looking for a sega saturn region mod.

http://www.oldschoolgamer.ca/

they quoted me a $79 charge for the service when i emailed them about it. but then there's shipping cost too. they seemed really nice and very informative when i asked them about it and provide services for all kinds of other older systems.

for the sega saturn, they said they could add a small metal switch on the console to go back and forth between regions or they also offer a switchless method which involves holding the reset button for a second.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I bought two modchips myself, and successfully installed one of them. I haven't tested the other one since the first time I tried to install it; not sure if I fried it when I tried to install it or not. I might have just decided it didn't work because I hadn't figured out the loading quirk yet.

Unfortunately, the Saturn with the modchip is currently in a pile of parts at the moment, because I'm building my own switchless mod, and I'm working on the program for the microcontroller for it... right at this moment, actually.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
grolt

Post by grolt »

JerryTerrifying wrote:
xDerekRx wrote:
The only reason I'd mod mine is to play Panzer Dragoon Saga. No game is worth $200+. At least not to me. I understand not wanting to mod it now as the temptation to just start burning games would be pretty great. You might want to track down a mod chip sooner rather than later, they're probably pretty hard to find for a 15 year old console.
The thing with Panzer Dragoon Saga is - if you just want to play it, plunk down the $150 for it and then just sell it right after. If you get a poorly listed lot on an off day during the week, then you'll probably be able to make a few bucks doing it, too. It's a game where the value is going to hold, so if you want to just play that, buying it for $150 and selling it for the same is a lot better economically than spending $75 on a mod you won't get back.

It's a beautiful game (although certainly not without flaw), definitely worth the time and money.
That's fly.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Ive played all of the Panzer games in sequence. Now that Im finally done with Panzer 2, I have to play Panzer Saga

I loved the Panzer Dragoon series so far and it has a great feel to it. So to be able to move around in RPG style is a must for me and it has to be one of my next 2-3 games.

I will not get a modded Saturn until I finish buying all the US releases I want for my collection. Which would include all the later and rare titles. Im not so bent on collecting EVERY US release anymore. I just want all the good ones and ones I want. IE there will be many sports games I dont buy and some of the more awful games.

Im having the most fun messing with Saturn stuff that people rarely have ever dabbled with. Netlink, Link Cable, mission stick congo etc
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

JerryTerrifying wrote:
xDerekRx wrote:
Honestly Ill pay up to 150 for it. I watch auctions all the time for it. Ive seen them end at 140-200.

To me, its about having the entire game, never likely to be reproduced ever again, in my possession.

I dont collect games just to collect though. Or Id be buying all the rare NES, PSone PS2 games. The cool thing about collecting Sega Saturn is all of the games Im finally getting (and paying a good buc for) are games I would drool over in magazines when I was a kid and had my Saturn. Never got to play them. But now that I can afford them, its really fantastic. Playing Sonic R for the first time was a huge thrill and its one of my favorite Saturn games. SAme with Panzer Dragoon 2.

And finally getting to experience Netlink play is 12 years in the making and tomorrow that may finally come true!
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

JerryTerrifying

I bought my Saturn like a year and a half ago but am just now starting to get games. I've only got two so far but the biggest reason I wanted it was to play Panzer Dragoon.

My Aunts husband at the time bought a Saturn with Panzer Dragoon, Myst and Revolution X hahaha. But I used to spend hours over there playing the shit out of Panzer Dragoon. So that's why I'd like to buy them off of you. Good old fashioned nostalgia! The prices are about what you'd get on ebay but the cases are intact which is a huge selling point for me and you know circulating money and games within the mighty Saturn League is always a good thing.

I would definitely love to play Panzer Dragoon Saga but I would never pay that much for a game. Let alone a used 10 year old disc based game. The only game I ever pirated was Snatcher for Sega CD. Same situation except the Sega CD doesn't need to be modded to play bootlegs. I would install a modchip just to play PDS though since it's supposed to be one of the best games and I'd like to see what it's all about and it does look really good on youtube.
JerryTerrifying

The thing with Panzer Dragoon Saga is - if you just want to play it, plunk down the $150 for it and then just sell it right after. If you get a poorly listed lot on an off day during the week, then you'll probably be able to make a few bucks doing it, too. It's a game where the value is going to hold, so if you want to just play that, buying it for $150 and selling it for the same is a lot better economically than spending $75 on a mod you won't get back.

It's a beautiful game (although certainly not without flaw), definitely worth the time and money.
I have this nasty condition...once I buy something I can't part with it! There are now three games in my list of games I'm hunting for in the wild because I refuse to pay ebay prices.

1.) Snatcher for the Sega CD. I have every American Metal Gear game and this refferences MG enough to be part of the continuity that I must own a legit copy. Also its one of the best games I've played in years.

2.) Ninja Golf for the Atari 7800. There's ninjas, there's golf and you have to battle Dragons when you make it to the green. It doesn't get more awesome than that.

3.) Panzer Dragoon Saga. I just want a great RPG for my Saturn. Based on what I've seen on youtube it's not turn based which is great as I HATE turnbased battle mechanics.

Other than that the only games I want can be had for quite cheap. You never know, people get lucky. I might be at a flea market or garage sale and snag some of those games dirt cheap. you see it on message boards from time to time, I want to be that guy damn it!