What did you buy today?

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Sweet! Welcome to the League!
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Manji

Post by Manji »

Trip Mercy wrote:I'm new to this site and have not had my Saturn for very long, I just thought I'd say hello here and make a bit of a reply. I have noticed that several Saturn games are going to put me out a few dollars, such as the first House of the Dead. I thought $100 dollars was outrageous, but then I saw someone trying to sell Panzer Dragoon Saga for 300 dollars, and all I have to say is, that better be the most fantastic game ever made if you expect someone to pay that much money for it. I only have 6 Saturn games and I love them all. I intend to get a netlink very soon so I can fully enjoy my Saturn, so maybe I'm a sucker too, because I'm sure I'll end up paying 80 dollars for Shining Force 3 and all the other over priced games. I just love SEGA.

a lot of the well regarded Sega Saturn games are expensive. Shining Force III, Panzer Dragoon Saga, House of the Dead, Guardian Heroes, Albert Odyssey, Radiant Silvergun etc. all can cost a handful of money (or in PDS case, two handfuls) but generally speaking, it's because they are quality games. also need to mention a lot of these games can't be found anywhere else except the Sega Saturn, which means they haven't been ported and are still exclusive to the system.

netlink games by comparison are actually very afforadble and they are still great fun to play.

which six games do you own?
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Trip welcome to the site. Get a Netlink and play some with us!
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

Welcome to the site! Definitely get a netlink and some Netlink games...keep the league growing!
Game collection on my site.
Trip Mercy

Post by Trip Mercy »

Manji wrote:
[/quote wrote:
a lot of the well regarded Sega Saturn games are expensive. Shining Force III, Panzer Dragoon Saga, House of the Dead, Guardian Heroes, Albert Odyssey, Radiant Silvergun etc. all can cost a handful of money (or in PDS case, two handfuls) but generally speaking, it's because they are quality games. also need to mention a lot of these games can't be found anywhere else except the Sega Saturn, which means they haven't been ported and are still exclusive to the system.

netlink games by comparison are actually very afforadble and they are still great fun to play.

which six games do you own?
I own Resident Evil, Astal, Virtua Fighter 2, Panzer Dragoon, Mr. Bones, and Blazing Heroes.

and also I would like to thank everyone for the warm reception
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Bought another white Saturn. I'll try the link cable feature some day... =)
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I just got my import Sadamoto Illustrations Saturn disc today. Lots of cool artwork and an interview with the man himself.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Well, I didn't buy it, and it isn't Saturn... but somehow I came into another Dreamcast. My brother was over at someone's house doing a service project, helping to clean out someone's basement and attic, and as a reward, they got to keep whatever stuff was getting thrown out. So, upon his arrival at home, he hands me a very filthy Dreamcast. It has no cables, controllers, or games, and I don't even know if it works... but now I have a second one.

I suppose I should clean it up and test it out.
Manji

Post by Manji »

Warp2063 wrote:I suppose I should clean it up and test it out.
yea that's the best part :D . congrats on a free, hopefully operational DC!
dbdrummer88

Post by dbdrummer88 »

I just ordered an s-video cable and Sonic 3D Blast for saturn, hopefully getting that in a day or two.
Netlink Games:
-Virtual On
-Duke Nukem 3d
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Bought Pandemonium for Saturn. A title I forget even got a release on Saturn. Always wanted to play it. Looks like a mix between Crash and Nights.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Just missed out on a nice two-pack of NiGHTS and Christmas NiGHTS a couple days ago. If I'd upped my bid by about $5, it probably would have been mine.

Anyway, just got Sakura Taisen 2 for the Saturn in the mail today. It's in almost perfect shape. ^_^
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

If you have a saturn you must have Nights :) Xmas nights is a bonus but only after you play the original.

Its so hard to explain the feeling Nights gives you. It may be just a nostalgic feeling from playing it as a kid but the music,visuals,dreamy gameplay give you a very cool enjoyable feeling for sure. Like a kid again :) . And thats only from the first 2-3 levels which is all I ever played when I was younger.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I played a couple minutes of NiGHTS once, but I just didn't get it. Maybe I didn't play for long enough. *shrugs*
grolt

Post by grolt »

It's the best game ever. The graphics are so fresh and original, even today - it's a surreal mix of color and environment. Just a beautiful thing to play, and the gameplay is so tight. Being able to change the music depending on how you treat those little creatures who fly around also gives the game a real organic quality - no single round is ever the same - each level can have over 12 different versions of the same song depending how you play. It's one of the only games out there that really feels like it adapts with you, rather than something you have to adapt to to play. First impressions be damned...you've got to see the whole game through!
That's fly.