What did you buy today?

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

One of my friends over on a Nintendo forum I frequent was selling his gold Game Boy Light with box and instructions over on eBay, which I bid on and won. It's in great condition. ^_^ Awesome Japanese import.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

oh man I really wanted a Gameboy L. I treid winning a couple on ebay but they kept going over my $40 price limit. I really don't want to spend that much on just a gameboy. :D As cool as it is.
Game collection on my site.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I didn't see any going for less than $50. My friend's started at $45, and I won it at $51 plus $5 shipping. For a like-new system complete with the box and instruction manual... I think I did well. Most of the other $50 systems were in nowhere near as good of a shape, and didn't come with the instructions or box.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
JerryTerrifying

Last time I looked there were several auctions staring at like $15. I'm patient enough to wait till I can get one under my limit. :D Some times you just get ebay lucky when you're willing to wait long enough.
rygod

Post by rygod »

so my auctions have overdone it and now i am waiting for BOTH of my american saturns to come in. i got one for 30 plus shipping and the other for 15 plus shipping... and two 3d controllers included in one of them. (also won 2 vampire saviors)

my new sega virtuastick came in the mail yesterday. still in plastic and mint condition... stick feels much different than my hori and madcatz TE let me tell you. can't wait to try it out though!

action replay is on the way from play-asia.com got it for 30 bucks... half the price on ebay and amazon!

so soon i will be able to realize my dream to play XMen vs Street Fighter and all those other great 2D fighters!

btw I also looked into the phone line and isp services... looks like i can drop my digital phone service and pick up a regular land line plus isp costs for the same price... so the netlink era is a possibility for me! now i just gotta make the arrangements!
*queues Huey Lewis and the News "Going Back in Time"*

thanks again to everyone for their advice.
Indestructible
JerryTerrifying

If you're willing to make the call I'd be more than happy to play any Netlink games you've got. Also I'm very very jealous of your Twin stick controller. I'd love to have that...especially if it makes a difference with Virtual On. Let us all know how it handles compared to a regular pad.
rygod

Post by rygod »

roger wilco jerry

i got the fighting sticks for street fighter not for virtua on... doh!

i agree that having the twin sticks would be sick... i did consider the new 300 dollar sticks that hori was making for xbox 360 virtua on xbla game for half a second before i came to my senses... i love peripherals... i am a Steel Battalion owner btw!
Indestructible
JerryTerrifying

I'd love to have a Steel Batallion controller haha. That thing is epic.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

-Heh, that's how I ended up with my second and third Saturns... I bid on several, and won both, although I'd only meant to buy one more.

-I love Huey Lewis and the News!

-I am also a Steel Battalion owner, although it's one of the games I'm considering getting rid of. Selling it would actually free up a decent amount of space in my room, both from the box and the controller.
Manji

Post by Manji »

i bought a few things in the past week.

i bought a sealed copy of Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes which i promptly unsealed :lol:

i bought two Sega CD Backup carts for saving games. two! and guess what? i dont even have a sega cd, i just thought it was a good deal. both carts are boxed with manuals in really good condition for $31.

and then... my most anticipated arrival which is yet to get here, is a Japanese Sega Saturn system! it's actually a V-Saturn RGJX 2. i wanted it to play the imports i have and will continue to buy since the Saturn has such a rich library of Japanese only games. i used to have the Action replay but sold it a while back because the small pcb board is thick for a cartridge and it's advised you don't insert and remove it very often. which for me, isn't a good thing because i use my Saturn memory cart and Netlink. so i just thought it better to get a Japanese system. can't wait!
Last edited by Manji on Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
rygod

Post by rygod »

i picked up a used copy of Daytona USA Championship Edition eventhough i still don't have netlink yet.

seems crazy that i found old posts here and elsewhere that some dude bought that for 250 bucks... i got mine for 13!

i hope there is nothing wrong with the copy i bought.

i do see saturn bomberman still going for insane prices. the other netlink games seem to be in the 25 buck range though.

thats cool about the V-Saturn... im bidding on 1st gen japanese saturn now too... if i win though the thing will take 2-3 months for sea shipping... if i pay for airshipping then its not really a deal anymore... how did you ship yours?

watched Jerry's youtube vids 1-3 last night... thanks dude! goodstuff... even more encouragement to get on the netlink tip...

direct dial ftw eh? makes you kinda wish xbox and psn had a direct dial back up option so we can all play those systems "live" when they become ancient and the servers are eventually shutdown.

if all goes well i will get my first system, the action replay, svideo, and a couple of games by thursday... just in time to help me recover from quad wisdom tooth extraction! maybe i can get analog phone lines installed then too...
Indestructible
JerryTerrifying

^Actually what I'd like to see with console online gaming is being able to host private servers. Wouldn't it be awesome if all the Dreamcast games supported custom servers. The direct dial thing was just something common among PC gamers in the mid 90's. That's how me and my friends used to get our Age of Empires on.

The problem with Daytona USA Netlink edition is there's the Daytona USA CCE and the Daytona USA CCE Netlink edition and two other versions of the game. So unless its specifically marked as the Netlink Edition you don't really know. I couldn't even find an ISO of the Netlink edition...although I didn't look hard as I hate racing games lol.
JerryTerrifying

Just got the mail. Today I got Star Trek Starfleet Academy for the 32X. Wish I could play it now but my girlfriends here all weekend and she hates anything awesome.

Also got Sega Rally and a Netlink keyboard adapter in its little box! So next time I get a netlink match going I'll have to have a keyboard out and ready for the pot game chat session. Give this thing a test. Are there any games that use the keyboard? I know there's a few that use the mouse, which I still need to pick up, but I'd like to test this keyboard adapter out some time.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I think that only the browser and NetLink games use the keyboard... but I could be wrong. One thing to note: I don't know if this is true for other games, but when playing Duke Nukem, they require you to unplug the keyboard at certain times during play. I haven't gotten my adapter to work for me yet, but that keyboard has given me compatibility issues in the past as well. I'll have to try another one next time.

Analog line installation isn't usually an instant thing - you may have to wait a few days before it's connected. You'll have to check with the company.

As for the Daytona... I hate to break it to you, but Jerry's right. The chances of you having purchased a NetLink version of Daytona are really pretty slim. The game is really rare, and there's no indication on the box or disc of the NetLink version to show that it really is the NetLink version. Without booting it up, it's pretty much impossible to tell what version it is. The regular version is very common, and therefore inexpensive. Chances are, you bought the regular version.

The V-Saturn is cool, but I'm just installing a region switch in my system. That way I don't need to import a system, and with the region switch it will act just the same as if it were a foreign system. And I'll have the cartridge slot free.
Manji

Post by Manji »

yea i just wanted to have it and have another Saturn system that looks a bit different and serves a different function. looks cool to me and came complete, so i'm happy with it.

i'm definitely not sure about the keyboard, but i dont imagine many games (if any at all aside from the Netlink games) took any sort of advantage of it. total ignorance on my part though because like i said i have no idea.